Club day is Saturday, aiming for starting at 9:30am in summer, trying now 12pm (!) in winter. Other flying days are usually Tuesdays and Thursdays, unless the weather is against us! Please check the Message Board for changes to our routine!
Let’s stick with big gliders. Watch him doing a downwind low-pass and then using the inertia to turn and land. The gnome/santa pilot probably needed a sick-bag.
(Tip: Downloading the pdf file will give you better readability than online)
Note: Although we have direct links to the RC Soaring Digest here, you are encouraged to go to their main page, where you can show your appreciation for this great magazine by making a donation or subscribe and submit your own article!
Pre-Flight Check List (we’ll add your suggestions):
- Correct model selected (if no auto model match)
- Throttle-Cut switch set to off
- All control surfaces moving with the right throw and direction
- Hinges not frayed or damaged
- Clevises and rods in good condition, secured and moving freely
- Transmitter mode switches in correct position
- Battery charged and secured (so that it doesn’t wrap around a branch when you land in a tree!)
- Transmitter battery charged
- Check if motor and prop are still attached to fuselage
- Make sure it’s not running on an EDF
You may want to visit the shop that sponsors our glider competitions:
Check out our most recent posts (scroll down all the way)
Comments and suggestions are welcome!